Saturday, October 5, 2013

Hearts for Hearts Lauryce Review


Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekend is going well. My weekend felt like it started Thursday, because I got a new doll. I got Hearts for Hearts Lauryce at my local Target for $24.99. They can also be found at the Playmates website and on Amazon. Besides their obvious cuteness, these dolls are also great because they donate 6.5% to World Visions, according to this review from the Toy Box Philosopher. You should really check her out if you haven't already, she posts wonderful in-depth toy reviews.


Here's her box.
Once I got home from Target, I ate dinner quickly, and then grabbed my camera to start taking photos. I was so excited to get her. 
Lauryce is from New Orleans, Lousiana.
Here's the back of Lauryce's box.
What a sweet face.
Once I opened the front flap of the box, I got even more excited. Lauryce has such a sweet face. I really love her hazel eyes with her tan skin and blond, beach wavy hair. It comes together really nicely.
This is what the inside flap looks like.
On the inside flap of her box, there's a short little bio and some photos to help you envision her world.

Lauryce loves animals.
All of the Hearts for Hearts girls are trying to help their community in some way. Lauryce loves animals, and started a club with her best friend, Amelie, called LIL Hearts (LIL is short for Living in Lousiana). You can read more about this in Lauryce's diary on the Hearts for Hearts website. All the diaries are so cute, and give you a better sense of their world. There are also diaries for the other characters, except for Shola and Mosi, the newest girls.
Starting to open her!
After taking a few quick photos of her box, I finally started to open her. You open her box from the top, then slide out the little box with the doll inside, which looks like this:

Then you undo the cardboard from the plastic insert, and then you just have to untie the strings around her and her accessories, and then you can take her out! It only took me about a minute to untie the strings. 

The cardboard that the plastic insert sits in shows where New Orleans is. I think it's a really cute detail, and ties in with the global theme of the Hearts for Hearts line.


Opening Lauryce only took me about 5 minutes, if you ignore the time I spent taking pictures. Opening a Hearts for Hearts doll is pretty easy, except the accessories are a bit to snug in their boxes and can take a little while to wrestle out.
Free at last!

And now she's free! Isn't she so cute? I will never know how I managed to wait three months before getting another Hearts for Hearts doll. They are great quality for a play doll, have the cutest little expression, and are only $25. I will definitely be buying more. I might just have to collect them all!

Here's a close-up of Lauryce's dress. The upper part is a gray tee shirt fabric, and the bottom is stretch fabric. I find the dress really cute and well-made. The only thing I don't like about it is the strange piece of thread that is sewn into the bottom of the dress. Here's what I'm talking about:
I have no clue why it's there, but it makes it a bit harder to take the dress on and off. I think I'm going to end up cutting it out.


Here's what the dress looks like inside out. The stiches seem pretty nice to me, but I'm not a seamstress so I'm not exactly sure. 
Here are her little bracelets. There are four little stretchy rubber ones on her left hand, and a single silver one with a heart on her right hand. I promptly lost the silver one, and I still haven't found it yet. It's pretty small, so it might be gone forever. Oh well.



Here's her little headband. It's just a purple polka dot print with elastic on the bottom. It's a bit hard to get on and off.

Here's what Lauryce's body looks like. It looks pretty nice, but my Lauryce has a defect- her torso is a different shade than her body. I think this is a common defect with the medium skin dolls. Also, there is a small black dot on her stomach, which you can sort of see in this photo:

It's kind of annoying. Anyways, on to her little undies. They are just plain white briefs, with some elastic in the back. 


These also seem to be pretty well made. However, her shoes aren't that well made, and are my least favorite part of the outfit. They are plastic moccasins, and in my opinion, they cheapen the outfit. I think that it lessens the quality of the outfit, and that it was a poor design choice.


Lauryce also comes with a couple accessories- a comb and a charm bracelet.


The comb is just a standard plastic doll comb, with a hair tie on the handle. I will not be using the comb as it will just make Lauryce's hair frizzy, tangled mess. I use an American Girl hairbrush on all my dolls. I may use the hair tie though, because it matches Lauryce's dress nicely.


The charm bracelet is a nice little touch for young girls, but I will probably take off the charms and find a new use for them.

So that's pretty much it. I hope you enjoyed my review. If you haven't taken a look at the Hearts for Hearts dolls before, I definitely think you should. They are absolutely adorable, and they have a great price tag for their quality.

Before the fun ends though, take a look at some shots I took after I opened her. I will probably take some more photos within the next couple days and post them later this week.



Thanks for reading! There will be a new post or two up later this week, if all goes as planned.

~Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment