Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dolly Dessert Find

Before I Begin: I used the schedule post function for this post and accidentally set it for Tuesday (today) rather than Wednesday (tomorrow). So please ignore the "hump day" joke until tomorrow. :D

Hello everybody. Happy "hump day" :). Today I wanted to post about some cool little dolly desserts I found on Saturday. I was at Party City and when I was at the register, I saw some little erasers shaped like desserts and I knew that they would be the perfect size for American Girl dolls. These are the TY Beanie Puzzle Erasers. There were a few different desserts in various colors, such as parfaits, cupcakes, and ice cream. I chose a pink and blue ice cream and a cupcake with pink frosting. They cost a dollar each.


Here's what they look like from the front...

and the back.


This is what the ice cream looks like out of the package.

And this is what the cupcake looks like. Sorry it's a bit blurry, my camera only wanted to focus on the porch for whatever reason.

All the parts are glued together, which I like. They feel pretty sturdy.



Both the cupcake and the ice cream fit nicely in Leigh's hand. They seem pretty in-scale, but then again I'm not much of a spacial thinker, so I'm not the best judge. But whatever, I'm pretty sure it's close enough.




Just for comparison, I wanted to show them in Lauryce's hand. I think it works if you're going for a super sized dessert. All in all, I think these are nice little pieces to add to my little collection, and the best part is that they're only a dollar (one of my favorite prices, besides free of course :D).

That's it for today folks, check back later in the week for another post, most likely a photo shoot with Lauryce.

~Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment